Pending Desktop Mother Board Bios

shazam

VIP
Laptop Model
Desktop Mother Board Bios P5QPL-VM EPU
Hello, I am contacting you for another help that is more urgent for me now. a having seen that on your forum you upload bios of even desktop pc motherboards I have been looking for a bios for mine but unfortunately it is not there. i wanted to know if you were able to help me by getting it for me, the motherboard in question is an asus model P5QPL-VM EPU. On my current pc everything works except the network card is I have verified it is not a hardware problem but a software problem located in the bios. I wanted to reset the bios and thus the network card so that the operating system "linuxint" can detect it and consequently install it without problems.

P.S.
Sorry for writing you here but I didn't quite understand where else to write about this problem and request in this section:

https://www.egyfixlab.com/laptop/forums/asus.102/

Last edited by a moderator:

shazam

VIP
Hello, a curiosity: in the case of this motherboard mentioned in the post for which you got me the bios, here is the bios also contains a firmware and a possible mac address of the wired network card that has the motherboard in question ( Asus P5QPL-VM EPU), do I have the firmware and mac address reside separately in another eprom?

egyfixlab

Administrator
Staff member
Board Admin
Hello, a curiosity: in the case of this motherboard mentioned in the post for which you got me the bios, here is the bios also contains a firmware and a possible mac address of the wired network card that has the motherboard in question ( Asus P5QPL-VM EPU), do I have the firmware and mac address reside separately in another eprom?
some times these details Exist in Bios
some times exist in EC FW

shazam

VIP
some times these details Exist in Bios
some times exist in EC FW
Hello good morning, I asked you this question because the motherboard in question after retrieving the bios tells me that the vendor of the wired network card is unknown and the mac address is not the right one. Now to find out if the problem is at the origin i.e. before it corrupted the bios or after i.e. when I recovered it with the bios you provided, I bought a new bios chip for the motherboard (ASUS P5QPL-VM EPU) and it tells me the same thing, it creates me with the vendor and the mac address of the wired network card I create the same problem. Obviously the first test I did by formatting the pc with windows 7 is the second test, that is by putting the bought bios chip, I formatted again with windows 7 and it still gives me the same problem. By the way the "abnormal" mac address is the same. So I was wondering accordingly if indeed the mac address was present in the motherboard bios or elsewhere in other eprom on the motherboard? can you help me with some other and more detailed explanation to understand as well as to learn? And maybe we can fix the problem?

egyfixlab

Administrator
Staff member
Board Admin
Hello good morning, I asked you this question because the motherboard in question after retrieving the bios tells me that the vendor of the wired network card is unknown and the mac address is not the right one. Now to find out if the problem is at the origin i.e. before it corrupted the bios or after i.e. when I recovered it with the bios you provided, I bought a new bios chip for the motherboard (ASUS P5QPL-VM EPU) and it tells me the same thing, it creates me with the vendor and the mac address of the wired network card I create the same problem. Obviously the first test I did by formatting the pc with windows 7 is the second test, that is by putting the bought bios chip, I formatted again with windows 7 and it still gives me the same problem. By the way the "abnormal" mac address is the same. So I was wondering accordingly if indeed the mac address was present in the motherboard bios or elsewhere in other eprom on the motherboard? can you help me with some other and more detailed explanation to understand as well as to learn? And maybe we can fix the problem?
i prefer if you start new Ticket and load original file
i can fix it for you

shazam

VIP
As you suggested I created ticket with attached my bios with the problem, I took the liberty to also attach the screenshort of the problem. we keep in touch in the other ticket. thanks